Fayetteville, Cumberland Valley, PA, United States
I am very passionate about genealogy research thanks to my father. Not because he shared family history and stories with me, as you might think. A quiet man like many of his generation, he never talked about his ancestors or their experiences in the "old country". When he died, he left me with many questions and very few clues about who I really was. I felt compelled to trace my Polish roots and, after successfully finding numerous records and piecing together the story of my ancestor's lives, my genealogy career was born. My past career in project management provide me with the appropriate experience needed to effectively manage the time my clients approve, efficiently complete detailed research and provide an expertly written report of findings.

1918 Kazmierski Family Photo - Uncle Stanley, Grandmother Anna, Uncle Alfonce, Grandfather Stanislaus, Father Edwin, Aunt Gertrude

Hire a Professional Genealogist for quicker and more accurate results

Hire a Professional Genealogist for quicker and more accurate results

Interested in finding out about your ancestors? Request my services by completing the client agreement. Simply click on the text below to download the form, mail with payment, or email and pay with PayPal, and you are a step closer to learning more about who you really are!

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Contact me at jsharp.genealogy@gmail.com

FOCUS AREAS

FOCUS AREAS

Curious if you have an ancestor that fought in the Civil War? I specialize in finding Union Civil War records and provide pictures of battlefields in the Gettysburg/Antietam area.

In addition, successfully research:
* Birth
* Marriage
* Death
* US Census
* Immigration and Naturalization
* Passport applications
* Historic newspapers
* Obituaries
* Cemeteries
* Tax
* Wills and Estate documents

PROXIMITY

LOCATION

Within travel distance to Harrisburg, Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA, Frederick, MD and Washington, DC.

AFFILIATIONS

AFFILIATED WITH THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS

* Association for Professional Genealogists
* National Genealogical Society
* Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society
* Polish Genealogical Society of Connecticut and the Northeast
* Adams and Franklin County Historical Societies


Customer Feedback

Review customer experiences using Sharp Genealogy Services.  New comments are welcome.

11 comments:

  1. I can't say enough about Janet's service. She helped me solve a long standing question about where my grandparents came from. With her help, the village my grandparents came from in southeastern Poland was found. She also located cemetaries and obituaries that I never would have discovered on my own. With Janet's help, I was able to find my heritage. I can never thank her enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet helped me with genealogical work locating my family that came to USA from Poland back in 1920's. All she had to work with was few name and an old photography of a grave stone from 1957. She was very professional and incredibly fast. She was able to locate the actual still living relatives. Janet was the 4th person that I have hired to do this work. The first 3 were not able to go just from the "picture of the grave stone". I would highly recommend Janet.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot thank Janet enough for all of the great, interesting information she has uncovered for our family. I've wanted to research this information, but didn't have a clue how to begin. Janet has been very thorough and each of her summary reports are fascinating to read. The entire family really enjoyed the information she was able to collect for us, especially my 85 year old aunt. She was always able to suggest possible paths to continue research and explained every step. I hope to continue using her skills again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, Thanks for all of your research into my family history. I love getting this information, but just don't have time to research it myself. I really like the summary document that you provide, listing out the information you found and how it all ties together. You mention neighbors, who were likely relatives, that I would not have picked up on. And the overview format makes it the perfect document to share with other family members. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done a fair amount of research on my family, and have a gr-gr-gr-grandfather who was born somewhere in Virginia in 1806. I am in the process of putting a plan together to try and find him. Janet looked through all of the documents that I have on him and his descendants, and made recommendations on how/where to proceed next. It is helpful to have another set of trained eyes go back through your research and ask questions. Janet went through all of it meticulously, gave me a written report, and then we spoke on the phone yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray: It was great to meet you at the GRIP Pennsylvania Research class this July, 2015, and happy that you were pleased with my research. Hopefully my recommendations will lead you to new clues for Pleasant Jones.

      Delete
  6. Janet:

    I have gone through the results of your research. Thanks so much for your thoroughness. Thanks for your prompt and thorough research; the summary report was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to research my family roots but never had the time. I tried but it was just too time consuming. I can't remember how I found Janet, mostly likely through a google search. She has been a tremendous help in researching my family roots. Her reports are very thorough and well organized, also listing supporting documents and possible areas for further research. I have been very pleased with her work and look forward to continuing our collaboration in researching my family roots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was doing a lot of poking around in family history, and when I came up with a particularly perplexing question I hired Janet. Her work is great, she is thorough and very good at communicating, and even though most of the research turned out to be outside of Pennsylvania, she found a bunch of great material and got me in touch with a distant cousin! It was a lot of fun and definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful researcher. I've learned things about my grandparents I've never known including where my grandmother was from in Poland and that a great Uncle was in the "Polish Army" during WWI and died as a result of being gassed.
    Joe Mieczkowski
    Fairfield, PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe: It was thrilling for me to have an opportunity to research Haller's Army which your gr-Uncle joined, and to become personally acquainted with his life. Thank you for the opportunity!

      Delete

Customer Comments